Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013 and my new blog!


Happy 2013 everyone and welcome to my new blog.  I decided that there was no better time to launch my blog than the start of the New Year.  Yes, I'm one of those poor saps who loves the New Year with its fresh beginning, clean slate and hopes for the year ahead.

So why start this blog?  I've been planning for this blog for a while now to help busy moms find ways to add creativity into their daily, and often chaotic, lives.  Maybe you're like me and have this insatiable need to be creative -- you see a million ideas online, in magazines or books, of things you'd love to create.  I've even made it so far as to enter the craft store with the intention of finally starting a creative project and found my mind racing in a million different directions.  As the many ideas flooded my mind, I became overwhelmed to the point of inertia and left the store with an empty cart and heavy heart as cold, hard reality set in that so many of my ideas would take too much time to complete.

Because let's be honest, a lot of creative projects take time.  Unfortunately, time for busy moms like me is in short supply.  As much as I love being creative, spending time with my daughter and husband comes first.

That's when the idea hit me that there had to be another way to approach being creative.  Where there shortcuts I could take that would allow me to be creative, but not cause me to take on, or in most cases not even start, projects that I know I won't be able to complete?  Where there ways that I could break down even the largest of projects into smaller, more manageable steps?

Join me this new year on a journey to find ways to add creativity to our busy lives!