Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's party time...

The holidays have just ended and the busyness in my life continues as I plan a party for my soon to be two year old Arianna.


My daughter's birthday party is next weekend and I have so much to do.  Having a birthday so close to Christmas is hard on both mommy and child.  But I'm determined to make her birthdays special.

As I was deciding on a theme for her party, I struggled a bit because I know she loves Elmo (Despite the fact that her tongue is sticking out in the photo below, she really does love her Elmo.  She just sticks the tongue out when she's nervous and she wasn't too sure about this cardboard cutout of Elmo:), but I absolutely hate character parties.  So, I started to look online to get some ideas for what I term a sophisticated Elmo party.



I found some great party ideas that met my need to not have an overload of character paraphernalia and just enough character elements to hopefully make my daughter happy.  There are so many ideas that I found that gave me more ideas.  Now I just have to work at putting them altogether.