Thursday, February 7, 2013

So I've decided to combine two hobbies...

I've been thinking for a while about entering the digital scrapbook world.  I confess I have a ton of scrapbook stuff, but haven't had the time to use it very much.  And, I do love graphic design and have the wonderful tools of PhotoShop and Illustrator to help me.  But what has always held me back from taking the plunge into digital scrapbooking is that what I love about traditional scrapbooking is the texture of the papers, the ribbons and the embellishments.

In the hopes of finding a middle ground, I did a Google search today and found out about hybrid scrapbooking.  Hybrid scrapbooking takes elements of digital scrapbooking together with traditional scrapbooking and combines them together.

After sifting through numerous sites online, I found a site that listed some great Photoshop frames tutorials that can be found here.  From this site, I found a tutorial to create a vintage frame at Xtina.

Using the same frame Xtina used in her tutorial, together with a paper I found at PixelScrapper, I created this page: 


During the short time I worked on this page, I could definitely see the benefits of digital scapbooking.  I was able to play with the fonts and the images that I couldn't do with traditional scrapbooking.  But I do look forward to adding physical elements to this piece to feed my need to include those traditional scrapbook embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment